Wednesday, May 11, 2011

Jack Red presents Thoughts on Which Animes are better than FLCL Part 1

Hi everyone I'm Jack Red, sorry I haven't been blogging for a while I got really addicted to Garry's Mod with a need to watch anime hardcore. I am an on and off Adult Swim viewer for many years now. They recently asked the viewers which animes do they think is better than FLCL. For those out there FLCL is short for Fooly Cooly that's becoming a well known anime. I decide to talk about some animes that they did show real quick Saturday night that's better than FLCL.

This following list doesn't show exactly where I would put them for best animes but they sure are better than FLCL so let's go...

1. Gurren Lagann
I'm currently getting to this series but I did check the forums to found out four users said this show. I got to say being new to this that I can see why it's so damn good. It has one of the best mech stories I ever heard in an long time. This will remind you of Neon Genesis Evangelion as well as the Gundam series. What makes this different is how it starts out pretty strong. It truly stands pretty well on it's own against those two big names.

2. Fullmetal Alchemist
This was the original anime that loosely based on the manga like Hellsing. It has a good story with some rememberable characters. It's rare for me to say this but I love all the opening themes. They did a great job not being familiar with the story to make the show good. This is one of the best fifty some episodes anime I got into in recent years. It sucks they never revealed what happened to Dante the real villain of the story.

3. Fullmetal Alchemist: Brotherhood
Funimation is remaking some of their classics with this being one of their best. It has a similar purpose like Hellsing to show the viewers what you were suppose to see. I am a bigger fan of this version since it's more what I wanted than the original. You get more characters such as Pride who reminds me of Alucard from Hellsing. Unlike Dragon Ball Z Kai it's longer than the original anime.

4. Bleach
Bleach is one of my favorite animes to date it reminds me of my child hood watching Dragon Ball Z. It has some of the awesome characters like Ichigo and Kenpachi. For the most part it's pretty good despite how bad season 4 was. The fighting is some of the best I seen in years. I love where the story is going though this can be confusing for a lot of people out there. It might be long but that doesn't mine you aren't going to enjoy it don't be a pussy.

5. Trigun
One of the absolute best animes in it's episode length truly deserves some respect. Vash does remind me of Kenshin from Rurouni Kenshin with an Magnum. It has some good character development especially for the brothers this story follows. It does the comedy better than Bleach in my opinion. Usually animes twenty some episodes have epic ending battles with no expection to this. I still remember that fight like no tomorrow holy shit Vash won at the last minute. I highly recommend this to anyone who wants a really good anime to watch.

6. Samurai Champloo
This reminds me of Cowboy Bebop for numerous similarities that some call this it's sequel. It has a good story with some rememberable characters. They did try making an manga series based on this but stopped. That also happened to Cowboy Bebop which got a couple more characters. It has some of the most entertaining sword fights you will ever see in anime. It sucks I didn't get to watch it on Adult Swim but that's okay. It's a good anime with one of the most original director of all time.

7. Yu Yu Hakusho
It was a good story despite how popular Dragon Ball was. I remember watching a lot of episodes on Toonami. Just a few months ago I finally finished watching the series on YouTube. I really like a lot of these characters like Yusuke, Kurama and Hiei. I like they have most of their fights easier to watch than Dragon Ball Z. The ending sure was a pretty happy one maybe the happiest ever.

Oh I got a long way to go in fact I just decided last minute to make this a series of it's own to show how big of an anime fan I am.

No comments:

Post a Comment