Monday, August 24, 2009

Jack Red reviews Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles: Turtles in Time Re-Shelled

Hi everyone this is Jack Red, I recently got two new Xbox Live Arcade games that I did beat on the day I bought them.

Marvel vs. Capcom 2 this was one of my favorite games of all time as you can play as fifty six characters in this port of Sega Dreamcast version that I gave to my friend Big C with other titles I had for a long time.

Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles: Turtles in Time Re-Shelled this is a 3D remake of the classic arcade game that is inferior to another good game in the release on Sega Genesis called Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles: The Hyperstone Heist.

I do own Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles 1989 Classic Arcade also on X360 which is a direct port man I love this game as it actually was the first good game of the series.

Sadly I already came across a problem with Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles: Turtles in Time Re-Shelled you see for awhile I knew they had to put the game on Xbox Live Arcade like many popular titles.

However instead of the original Arcade game or the very similar Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles: The Hyperstone Heist we got this.

Before I go on what's wrong with this game I want to point out that Nintendo owns the rules to Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles IV: Turtles in Time on SNES which is a port better than the original game that is considered to be the best game in the series.

Nintendo won't make a agreement with Microsoft to have this version ported to the X360 or Sony's PS3 for that matter.

How bad is this game just take a guess it's a fucking mess I'm not kidding it's time to hit the other problems that makes it possibly the worst game in the series for me since Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles: Tournament Fighters on NES, Sega Genesis and SNES.

My god let's talk about how the game plays if you are unlucky to play Sega Classics Collection which was fucking horrible then chances are you played the 3D remake of Golden Axe if you haven't then picture something like Fighting Force or Zombie's Revenge.

You do get difficulty levels in this game under story mode as well as survival and quickplay.

Survival is basically you go through the entire game with no continues as you have one life that can be a problem to get the achievement point since some bosses will take time to beat the right way such as Shredder.

The Sewer level in my opinion was the worst because if you played Turtles in Time, it's SNES port or The Hyperstone Heist then you know that the water itself is suppose to be blue not clear.

You have to watch out for spiked balls which is easy to watch out for however in this game you barely see them making them almost impossible to see them that's fucking bullshit whose idea was that it's like you force someone to eat shit for money then you laugh at them because they did it except there isn't any enjoy at all to be found here.

The multiplayer can be a little confusing at times like most of their games since the turtles do look like though we know who is who because of their bandannas and weapons.

I also noticed that they made added more texture to the levels with the possible exception of the Sewer level I thought most of them were okay to look at.

It follows the classic game quite well however good bye with the voice acting as well as the music because since 2003 we were given a new cartoon based on the turtles ever since then each game that comes out with given a part of that show.

That kinda happen with Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles 1989 Classic Arcade except nothing from the show was added so we got the new movie look which was more fitting in my opinion since I kinda like the movie.

The controls are right I want them to be which is a good thing I can say about the game as a long time fan of the turtles since my child hood.

It's one thing to not have Bebop in The Hyperstone Heist but both he with Rocksteady aren't in this game what the hell if I remember correctly they were as they appeared in the original though in SNES port they were dressed like pirates.

Instead like Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles II: Secret of the Ooze which is one of my favorite movies they decide to replace them with Tokka and Rahzar it's funny they with the pair they replaced are in SNES port yet like that movie it's only these two mutant animal babies.

I have a big problem with this because I do like some of the bad guys they face in the cartoon as I love fighting against many of them however I would play the Arcade original to fight them then to play this shit ever again.

When you fight the bosses for the most part they are close to the original versions of them so I wasn't disappointed fighting any of them.

Though I'm not going to lie the original Arcade boss fight with Shredder was even harder than that because depending on how many people are playing there always one Shredder more waiting to fight though he has a one hit kill move, he will keep cloning himself until he is unable to.

Overall I am pissed that they made a 3D remake of it rather than taking the time to port it from the Arcade like they did with the first one why do you think so many people love it because they didn't fuck up anything that we love about the game.

No comments:

Post a Comment