Friday, October 29, 2010

Jack Red presents AVGN vs. HVGN done right....

Hi everyone this is Jack Red, now I did a very bad video about comparing these two amazing internet reviewers which I still regret to this day. So I wanted to remake it to the way it should've been in the first place.

It all started with James Rolfe when he started making his videos under the name The Angry Nintendo Nerd at first he didn't upload them to YouTube until a couple of his friends convinced him to.

Mike Matei a close friend and often appears on the show actually convinced him to do a fourth episode after his original trilogy.

By that time ScrewAttack USA noticed him and turn his show into one of their three original ones when they first started.

Ever since then his show has changed it's title to The Angry Video Game Nerd that became widely known on the internet that inspired many people including myself and Derek Alexander aka The Happy Video Game Nerd.

I asked Derek in an internet live chat about how he started his show and he basically said while everyone was focusing on being angry and reviewing bad games he figured to do the opposite.

He plays a character that usually is happy in his videos that plays games that deserves some more respect.

Eventually Retrowaretv found out about his videos and ask him to join ever since has been making some great reviews.

They both review games that are known through many gamers while wearing similar clothes to each other.

Here's is a list up to date of the games they reviewed that were from my past...

The Angry Video Game Nerd
------------------------------
Sega CD
Independence Day
Shaq Fu
Super Mario Bros. 3 (A fucked up joke one)
Superman 64
Batman Forever
X-Men (Sega Genesis)

The Happy Video Game Nerd
------------------------------
Rocket Knight Adventures
Zombies Ate My Neighbors
D2

Before I go on I would like to say James also reviewed Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles III which was a bad movie from my child hood now he actually made it two episodes long review wow man.

Sadly he didn't have copy rights to the footage meaning only on Screwattack's website you can watch both episodes.

The Angry Video Game Nerd usually reviews bad games though he did do some good games with not reviewed in details modern games such as Godzilla games.

The Happy Video Game Nerd usually reviews good games that didn't caught on for numerous reasons though he did review some games released online such as Rocket Knight and Mega Man games.

I honestly think both of these guys are talented reviewers that everyone should get into since they're so on point no matter which game they are reviewing.

I believe James did start reviewing games not released here season 4 while Derek just did one called Sweet Home which was an awesome game.

The Angry Video Game Nerd started out as an web series but last I heard they begin airing his show censored on an channel.

The Happy Video Game Nerd is just an web series though I felt it's more worth watching then the later Nostalgia Critic videos.

Derek also said that he would like to cross over with James for an video though no one knows when that would happe since James has become so busy with a lot of stuff.

Yes I do know both of them and I was inspired by James though I will give the credit due to Derek since his idea of an character was a gem.

You see most people who got inspired by James like myself focused on the anger and reviewing some bad games but he decided to do the opposite that ultimately payed out wow.

So in an sense Derek's character is a gem among those who are inspired by James that's almost as good as him.

I would bring up the controlversiality between The Irate Gamer and The Angry Video Game Nerd but that would be pointless since a large number of people keep calling Chris Bores a rip off.

I also know The Irate Gamer and he's a nice guy that loves feedback that could inspire him to do better.

Alright fuck it I am going to bring it up real fast so I will feel better later for remembering to include it.

Chris works on multiple shows including two Irate Gamer shows so he too is a very busy man that's very creative with the special effects.

I would like to say that he is his own boss meaning there's no way either of his shows can get canceled unless he decides to end them wow what power.

The Irate Gamer is an web series that reviews bad games which goes by seasons unlike Derek's show though he did say he is going to release some episodes on dvd.

Irate Gamer Neo is a very short show about reviewing newer games which I found him surprisingly more on point on this one.

Here is games he reviewed that are from my child hood as they follow down below...
1. Zombies Ate My Neighbors
2. Contra
3. Cool Spot

I will be honest that I hated his review of Zombies Ate My Neighbors but I love Derek's since it was so accurate about the game.

The Irate Gamer did review recently Cool Spot which was a game from my child hood though I felt he could've said it plays like the Vectorman games.

James was asked about this issue and he said to fuck those who kept criticizing Chris for his work that does come close.

I will give that man some respect because he goes out of his way to make sure his shows go on no matter what the fuck happens.

I hope you guys like my blog entry and I will be posting two reviews from an union on here that are quite good.

No comments:

Post a Comment