Tuesday, June 1, 2010

Jack Red presents S.T.A.R.S. vs. BSAA

Hi everyone this is Jack Red, today I wanted to take on an comparison that some fans of Resident Evil are doing right now between the classic S.T.A.R.S. and the more recent BSAA.

Before I get to the topic that will interest many fans I want to say I haven't got into the books and I don't think it's familiar to talk about the movie S.T.A.R.S. since there isn't any with BSAA members in it.

I want to get the easiest part out of the way so I can take the challenge on the differences even revealing which unit I like more.

Same
1. Both units got involve with B.O.W. which stands for Bio-Organic Weapons
2. Both have Chris Redfield and Jill Valentine as members
3. Both have their own standard weaponry

Difference
S.T.A.R.S. stands Special Tactics and Rescue Service was an police unit at the top of their class in the Police Station of Raccoon City.

BSAA stands for Bioterrorism Security Assessment Alliance is an military unit with the mission to keep the world safe from B.O.W. at all cost.

S.T.A.R.S. lasted from 1996 to 1998 due to Chief Brian Irons accepting Brides from Umbrella with the request to disband the unit which got replaced by Racoon Swat.

BSAA was formed by the Government in 2003 with one of their first mission with Chris and Jill going to one of Umbrella's last facilities in Russia that's still going on today.

S.T.A.R.S. had Wesker as one of their captain though he was secrely an double agent that screws everybody over.

BSAA doesn't have anyone like Wesker in any branches at all meaning they were all close to each other.

S.T.A.R.S. was directly involved with two events of the first two games canonically.

BSAA was directly involved with the Russia operation of Resident Evil: The Umbrella Chronicle and a level in Resident Evil 5 taking place in 2006 at Spencer's whereabouts as well as the whole entire game itself.

S.T.A.R.S. fought Tyrant-001 which Rebecca had help from Billy Coen an ex marine, Tyrant-002 which was considered to be the greatest Tyrant ever created and Jill faced Nemesis in Raccoon City.

BSAA fought T.A.L.O.S. which stands for Tyrant-Armoured Lethal Organic System that was created similar to Nemesis.

S.T.A.R.S. has thirteen members though most of them were killed in the first two games of the series.

BSAA has numerous members from all over the entire world.

I did try my best to do this and I have come up with an decision on which unit do I like more well it's pretty close I just like S.T.A.R.S. more I can't really explain why.

So I hope you enjoy reading it and please enjoy your day.

1 comment: